Monday, April 23, 2012

The Hopeful Sufferer

With a life without loving, no strength to have heart,
No smiles to be seen, not a laugh to impart.
I found fear in myself, I found fear all around,
My heart made a noise, but made not a sound.

I cried to the masses, I cried out for help,
I cried and I cried, and never cried to myself.
My heart, like my mouth, made attempts, but it faltered,
Till a day when change came, my voice had been altered.

I sang and I shouted, I cried out in earnest,
I loved, and I laughed, my heart burned like a furnace.
But all was not fixed, all was not healed,
and today it still isn't, daily, more is revealed.

I suffered and suffer, but I am not lost,
Love is within me, my hope is abound.
No matter the cost, my heart will make sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment